Ranting, Stories And Such From Punta Gorda, Fl (Yes I used to be 'A Little North Of Nowhere' but Hurricane Charley changed all that).

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Drivers Wanted

A note to all drivers including myself ( I promise to read this later and pretend to be surprised). I'd like to pass on a few tips to make everyone's driving experience a little better.
  1. Drive Like You Have Somewhere To Go - even if you don't, likely the person behind you does. I am not saying drive like a maniac (as you'll see in a moment) just don't putt-putt down a main thoroughfare at 20 MPH while looking at all the pretty flowers.
  2. Get Directions Before You Leave - This would seem like a no brainer but a lot of folks apparently don't do it.
  3. Take It Easy - if you're running late that is YOUR fault and YOUR problem don't make it everyone else's. Life is the journey not the destination. BTW- If you are one of those folks who comes zooming up behind me on the interstate doing 90 when I am doing 70 and flashes your high beams, KNOCK IT OFF, I am doing the speed limit, you are not supposed to be going faster than me in the first place. If I am in your way while you are breaking the law DEAL WITH IT.
  4. Change Lanes More Than 20 Feet Before You Need To Turn - Another no brainer but one that a bunch of people don't do. There is never an excuse for making a right turn from anywhere other than the right lane ( or a left turn from the left).
  5. Chill - Mellow out, calm down, relax, etc. (just not so much that you fall asleep.)
I know this won't be popular with a lot of folks but so what. I am guilty of all these from time to time as well. I promise to do better. I hope you do too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home