Ranting, Stories And Such From Punta Gorda, Fl (Yes I used to be 'A Little North Of Nowhere' but Hurricane Charley changed all that).

Friday, February 04, 2005

Sister Hazel In Tampa

Lisa (my Wife) and i Are going to the Sister Hazel Concert in Tampa (Ybor City) tomorrow night I will post more about the show afterwards. Note the new banner at the top of the page. Sister Hazel holds a special place for me as noted in this posting to the Hazelnuts Site:

I have to give a little preface. I got divorced 2 years ago. It wasn't too messy but it was hard for me as my ex wife initiated the divorece and though i saw it coming it was still very hard. As I was driving down the road one afternoon feeling a bit sorry for myself and more than a little depressed on the radio came "Thank You" followed by "Change Your Mind" I had to pull over because I wept (yes I am a guy who admits to crying). I was overwhelmed. I had heard Sister Hazel's music before but this was the first time it "spoke" to me. When I met my new wife i soon heard "Everybody" and of cousre we came across "One Love" wjen looking for wedding music. We had a lot of SH music at the wedding. It has been a rough summer for us as we lost our home to Hurricane Charley (we live in Punta Gorda). It is going to be a great show in Tampa and a wonderful treat for us. If it were a month or two later it could be our aniversary (April 3) Instead it is our Valentine's gift to each other. To the band: Thanks for being there when I needed your message.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home