Ranting, Stories And Such From Punta Gorda, Fl (Yes I used to be 'A Little North Of Nowhere' but Hurricane Charley changed all that).

Friday, September 17, 2004

Stupid Horror Movie Tricks

I recently saw "The Ring" and I liked most of the film except for two things. Two stupid horror movie tricks. The first goes like this whenever the monster/maniacal killer/whatever appears to be dead or defeated it must come back and kill one more person. I hate this one. Just let it die.

The other one was the one I call the 'un-ending' . In this case right at the very end the reveals that it really isn't the end. In "The Ring" this is where the main character is having her son make a copy of the video and he says "what will happen to the person I show it to?" This is such a CHEAP plot device.
If there are any future writers, playrights or filmmakers out there do us all (including yourselves a favor and don't use these cliches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home