Ranting, Stories And Such From Punta Gorda, Fl (Yes I used to be 'A Little North Of Nowhere' but Hurricane Charley changed all that).

Friday, June 24, 2005

GeoCaching

I ran across a new game/sport, Geocaching, It is fun (though often a bit frustrating). The Idea is to go to the website at Geocaching.com and find the location and GPS settings of a cache. Then use your GPS to go searching. I don't own a GPS but after looking at some of the locations. I figured I would try my luck at finding some of them without a GPS. It was a bit frustrating because we were (apparently) walking right by them and not seeing them. One difficulty is that you don't always know what kind of container you are looking for and where it may be hidden (the GPS can get you within 3 meters, around 9 feet). but with some persistance we did finall find one. We plan to go looking again for some of the ones we didn't find. One of the real attractons of this for me is that if i go to a new city the folks who hid the caches there most likely hid them in really neat places to go and look for them. Looking forward to playing this game for a long time. I hope to bump into you out there on the search.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home